HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Newly diagnosed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jesipop

Jesipop

Newly diagnosed  Empty
PostSubject: Newly diagnosed    Newly diagnosed  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 12:21 pm

So Last week I was officially diagnosed with IIH. I've noticed that a lot of people on this site are saying they get headaches, but I do not get headaches at all, is that weird? The new diomox medication makes me nauseous and I hardly eat much anymore. Does anyone have problems sticking to a low salt diet? It all seems confusing knowing which foods have salt and which don't.
Last but not least has anyone benefited from losing weight? Does it actually help? 
thank you
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

Newly diagnosed  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newly diagnosed    Newly diagnosed  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 5:32 am

hi Jesi;
there is a small subset of IIHers who don't get headaches.  
some people get better from losing weight, and some don't.  you won't know which category you fall into until you lose the weight.

I generally don't add salt to my food, and I try to eat natural home cooked food with no sauces usually.  in the US we have nutrition labels that tell you how much sodium per serving.  most fast food is going to have a lot of salt.

sorry about the new diagnosis.  are you having vision problems?  I never had that, but had headaches and the worst symptom to me which is "brain fog".  mine was triggered by sleep apnea and got better after jaw surgery.

Deb
Back to top Go down
Jesipop

Jesipop

Newly diagnosed  Empty
PostSubject: .   Newly diagnosed  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi Deb,
Yes I've had some minor vision problems, blurry vision and I also get vertigo. I actually don't have that much weight to lose maybe 15kg (33lbs) at the most until I'm a normal weight. So I'm thinking there might be a high chance that I might need surgery. But what do I know, I didn't even know IIH existed until a couple of weeks ago. It will probably take me a little while to get used to, but I think I'm pretty lucky considering all the medical problems in the world.
Thanks Jess
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newly diagnosed  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newly diagnosed    Newly diagnosed  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newly diagnosed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top