HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Just Diagnoesd

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave H

Dave H

Just Diagnoesd Empty
PostSubject: Just Diagnoesd   Just Diagnoesd I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 11:11 am

Hi Guys,

My name is Dave, im 39 from Leyland, Lancashire.

I was diagnosed about 6 weeks ago, first of all my optician found the pappiledema and sent me to hospital, i had a CT scan and i LP which had an opening count 0f 42

About a week after my LP i was so ill that i was admitted for 5 days and started on Diamox. 

Whist in hospital they also did an MRI and said i had Stenosis of the transverse sinuses.

TheDiamox worked great for a couple of weeks, my symptoms, apart from my visual problem went away, after a couple of weeks however my symptoms have slowly come back.

I had 10 weeks off work but went back yesterday. Im a travel consultant and work on a computer 8 hours a day 5 days a week, i managed 4 hours on my first day and had to go home to bed. I so badly want to do the job i love but in my heart i feel that its not going to work. I'm very long sighted and have a very high perscription, my vision without my glasses is terrible, dont get me wrong it always been bad however over the last year the deterioration is massive.

I have my clinic appointment on the 1st October so hopefully i can get my dose increased.

This has hit me like a bus, outside my close family nobody is able to grasp what is wrong with me which is frustrating.

Dave
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

Just Diagnoesd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Diagnoesd   Just Diagnoesd I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 6:17 pm

Hi Dave! I'm sorry to hear you're struggling, but it sounds like you're on the right track. It can be a long and frustrating process, but we'll help you through it as best we can.

Stenosis is the narrowing of the transverse sinus and can cause IIH, so I wonder if your appointment scheduled on the 1st is to discuss a stent? It's my understanding that medication is usually just a short term solution for stenosis, but I would definitely discuss possibility of increasing Diamox as well as benefits of stent. The good news is that your vision can improve with treatment, if IIH is the cause.

Hang in there, and let us know if you have any further questions!

Take care,
Julie
Back to top Go down

Just Diagnoesd

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: Living with IIH ::   :: Women and IIH-
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com