HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

a prop to make our illness more visible?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

a prop to make our illness more visible? Empty
PostSubject: a prop to make our illness more visible?   a prop to make our illness more visible? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:18 pm

hi, I had an idea that was triggered by a discussion with another member.
how about we have pink (like a dark fuscia color) CANES made, with I HAVE IIH on the side in black letters.
most of us have a little unsteadiness to justify it. carrying around a cane with us, it kind of clues other people into the fact we actually have a disability. they will notice the pretty color (pink of course because most of us are women, kind of like the breast cancer logo) and ask us about IIH and then we can tell them what happens in our brains. this might help legitimize the problem for us as we go about our daily business. I think a cane is fairly respectable. I have to wear an N95 mask most times when I go out because of the chemical sensitivity (that I think is tied to the IIH somehow) but people look at me and treat me strangely and it makes me so angry because I know they wouldn't treat someone in a wheelchair like that. my disability isn't any different than that and I shouldn't be discriminated against. a cane though, they might be nicer to me. we can have a little leash on it to make it easier to carry when we don't absolutely need it at the moment. and perhaps a compartment on the side to carry the mask and earplugs!
what do you all think?
Deb
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: a prop to make our illness more visible?   a prop to make our illness more visible? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:28 pm

That sounds AWESOME!!! Very good idea!
Back to top Go down
ChicasMomma

PostSubject: Re: a prop to make our illness more visible?   a prop to make our illness more visible? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 5:32 am

;) sounds like a perfect idea! I'm all for it and need it too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a prop to make our illness more visible?   a prop to make our illness more visible? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a prop to make our illness more visible?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top