HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Jackie - diagnosed 2005

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jackiew
jackiew

Jackie - diagnosed 2005 Empty
PostSubject: Jackie - diagnosed 2005   Jackie - diagnosed 2005 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:44 am

Hello my name is Jackie and i live in North Wales, i am 46 years old and had IIH for 5 years, i had a VP shunt fitted just over 18 months ago but it stopped working after just 13 weeks, in Feb last year i had a VA shunt fitted, i have had all sorts of problems with it, under/over draining but the last few weeks it seems to be working a little better
i am married to Ian and have 3 children aged 24, 18 and 15 and we have loads of pets, 14 parrots, 4 dogs and 6 ducks and we also breed parrots

am looking forward to chatting to you all
Jackie - diagnosed 2005 790809
Back to top Go down
missjean22
missjean22

PostSubject: Re: Jackie - diagnosed 2005   Jackie - diagnosed 2005 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:46 pm

HI, nice to meet you I am Jean I have had IIH for roughly 9 weeks now, I had a LP shunt fitted just over 2 weeks ago at first it wasn't functioning properly but now it seems to be getting better or so my consultant says, I am 22 years old and have a little girl aged 18months, I am from Durham area.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Jackie - diagnosed 2005   Jackie - diagnosed 2005 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:20 pm

Jackie - diagnosed 2005 996753 Jackie, and thankyou so much for posting your introduction. I'm happy to hear that your shunt seems to ne working fine now, I know how problematic they are because I have a VP shunt myself. They do make a big difference though, and best of all no more lumbar punctures! Well not unless there's a problem, I know.

Wow your house must be packed to the rafters. Jackie - diagnosed 2005 Icon_smile It's fantastic to have you as part of the group and I look forwardto chatting to you too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Christy Savage
Christy Savage

PostSubject: Re: Jackie - diagnosed 2005   Jackie - diagnosed 2005 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:00 pm

Hey Jackie,

Nice to meet you. My name is Christy and I live in Suffolk with my husband - Gary. I also have IIH and was diagnosed four years ago. Ive been quite lucky (and Im touching wood as I say it) but I also had a VP shunt fit three years ago and so far I have had very few problems. Im hoping that it stays that way so that I can help to give other people confidence in the medical system and in the care they are receiving and also to show that there is life at the end of the tunnel.

I sure hope that you are over the bad times and that, like me, you can now start to live your life to the best of your ability.

My door is open anytime for a chat, you only have to drop me a line.

Christy
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Jackie - diagnosed 2005   Jackie - diagnosed 2005 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:27 pm

Hello Jackie - diagnosed 2005 205898

Glad you found us. I was diagnosed in2007 (wow seams like yesterday!) I have a VP shunt and Chiari Malformation (I had decompression surgery last year)

Charlie xxx
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Jackie - diagnosed 2005   Jackie - diagnosed 2005 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:09 am

Hello Jackie,

Forgive the late welcome. I thank you for the introductions as well as I would like to take this chance to express gratitude to Heidi, Charlie, Jean, and Christy's introductions. I hope you will enjoy sharing your experiences and stories as well as reading those of other members. Through your active posting, we get to compare experiences and share thoughts and advice on how to lighten up things in our journey with IIH.

I am Saleh from Saudi Arabia, and I have been diagnosed with IIH in Jan 2010, and I have done 2 MRI, MRV, and 4 LP's in the past four months. The last experience on my LP is the story that you may get interest to read in (Ongoing/Longterm IIH) forum. I have not been posting for the past few days since I was hospitalized for almost a week now and still I haven't been discharged yet. I hope to post and comment on post actively soon. Keep the posts coming and the flame lit up.

Wishing you all the best of health and looking forward to chat with you all soon.

Saleh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jackie - diagnosed 2005   Jackie - diagnosed 2005 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jackie - diagnosed 2005

View previous topic View next topic Back to top