HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Lauricia diagnosed May 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
superdupermom
superdupermom

Lauricia diagnosed May 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Lauricia diagnosed May 2011   Lauricia diagnosed May 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:03 am

Hi there! my name is Lauricia. I am new to this site, and excited to meet others to share info with, and just make friends. I was diagnosed with Pseudo Tumor Cerebri May 2011. That was the same day I lost my job due to that. They were not able to give me the time off I would need to start getting treatment. By the following December I had my first VP shunt placed.. and had little relief. All the CT reports kept coming back saying that I was overshunting due to the shunt being misplaced. So, I went to a new doctor, and had to have a revision. Come to find out, the one that was put in was not even working at all. Well the new doctor was a GOD send. I have very good results now. The only trouble along the way, s that I had papilledema started and lost a good portion of my vision in my right eye, so it throws me off balance alot. My neuro has written me a script for a service dog, but I am not able to get one, just because I don't have a residence right now. When I lost my job I lost everything. I have been staying with friends. I am waiting on disability soon. I guess the judge has it in his review right now. I fall alot, and run into things, but am learning to deal with it. That pretty much sums it up for me. Lauricia
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Lauricia diagnosed May 2011   Lauricia diagnosed May 2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Hello and a warm welcome to our group Lauricia. Lauricia diagnosed May 2011 539880 I am sorry you've had such a bad time and lost your job through this condition. Have you thought of perhaps getting a cane? That would make things a lot easier for you. I think visiting this website will be of help to you Visionawarein terms of helping with balance as they have helpful information on how to cope with visual problems.

We have lots of information and resources that you can tap into and our members are very supportive and friendly. We're always here and whatever we can do to help you, we will.

Heidi xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lauricia diagnosed May 2011   Lauricia diagnosed May 2011 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:59 am

Hello Lauricia and welcome

I'm glad you found this site. It is full of useful information and support. Everyone is super friendly.

I am sorry that you lost your job; I can relate and I am sure many of the other members can relate.

I applied for disability shortly after my FMLA leave ran out in April and I really expected to be turned down. I have read about how hard it is to get disability....but I was approved the first go around. I was prepared to appeal the rejection but prayed that it would be awarded and I credit the Lord Jesus for taking care of that for me. However, when the SSA sent me my approval letter, I learned that one has to be disabled for 5 full months (in other words, without work for 5 months) before receiving any disability payments though...so I am waiting to start receiving $$. But it is a huge relief to know I will be getting it soon.

I hope your disability goes through without a hitch because this condition truly is disabling.

Again, I'm glad you found this site. hugs 2

Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Lauricia diagnosed May 2011   Lauricia diagnosed May 2011 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:39 pm

Hi Lauricia! Sorry my welcome is so late, but sentiment is the same ..we're glad you're here!!! I'm sure the vision loss is quite an adjustment, but you seem to have a great attitude for coping and a good doctor in place..that's half the battle! We'll do our best to help you through it, so check out the site and let us know if you have any questions.

Take care,
hug
Julie
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: Lauricia diagnosed May 2011   Lauricia diagnosed May 2011 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:50 pm

Hello Lauricia and Welcome3

I so hope that your luck turns around real soon and that you are able to get your life back.

You may want to contact the Intracranial Hypertension Research Foundation (IHRF) since they are located out your way. They may be able to help you too.

I can relate to the balance issues. Once one of the three parts needed to maintain balance becomes defective, it really becomes a challenge (I have lost the use of the vestibular syatem in one of my ears). The brain is an amazing piece of machinery and often can learn to compensate. I hope your's is able to.

Please feel free to ask any questions, or come on and rant and rave, or just have a chat. We are located all over the world so chances are someone will be around.
Back to top Go down
BananasMom
Admin2
Admin2
BananasMom

PostSubject: Re: Lauricia diagnosed May 2011   Lauricia diagnosed May 2011 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:52 am

Hi Lauricia!! *hugs* Welcome to the group! I'm so glad you found us and I apologize for being so late to respond and welcome you. I pray that things go well and you receive your disability soon, so that you are able to get some of the things I know you need right now.

Like lots of others have said, I can relate to the balance issues too. Seems to go with the IIH territory.

Let us know how we can help you, sweetie! We're always here to listen. *stay strong*

Back to top Go down
VDubs
VDubs

PostSubject: Re: Lauricia diagnosed May 2011   Lauricia diagnosed May 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:50 pm

hello and welcome hugs x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lauricia diagnosed May 2011   Lauricia diagnosed May 2011 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lauricia diagnosed May 2011

View previous topic View next topic Back to top