HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Over heating

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bonbon
bonbon

Over heating Empty
PostSubject: Over heating   Over heating I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 8:44 pm

IIH and Weather

Does anybody find that if they overheat during hot or humid weather their headaches gets worse?

Hi,
Does anybody find that if they overheat during hot or humid weather their headaches gets worse?

Bonnie
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Over heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over heating   Over heating I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi Bonnie,

I have noticed that I do and always have done since having IIH and being on the medication. I don't know if that is because the medication is a diuretic, which as we know gets rid of excess fluid, and then sweating and getting hot on top of that could possibly cause some dehydration which might explain having headache.

It might be an idea to ask your Doctor and see what he thinks, as of course, this is only a personal theory.

Heidi [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
volgirl98
volgirl98

Over heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over heating   Over heating I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:44 pm

I definitely do, even with my VP shunt. It's nothing like it was a year ago but it's still there :(
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

Over heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over heating   Over heating I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:08 am

It's driving me crazy, I get so darn hot. Bedroom has to be in the low 60's for me to sleep well. I have a fan set up in every room to help keep me from overheating. I wonder if that is the Diamox??
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

Over heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over heating   Over heating I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm not taking meds at this point & still get headache when it's hot. I just assumed it had something to do with pressure or fluid changes..like storms & menstrual cycles.
Back to top Go down
bonbon
bonbon

Over heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over heating   Over heating I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:40 pm

I too am not on meds(stopped tramadolas it makes me feel so sick)and find myself overheating, I think you are right about pressure and fluid changes. Thanks everyone

Bonnie
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

Over heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over heating   Over heating I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:33 am

Fever is known to raise intracranial pressure. (I think this is why my son throws up whenever he spikes a high fever; he hasn't been diagnosed yet but he has my craniofacial anatomy.....) If you remember or ever learned the equation from chemistry, PV=nRT, with P being pressure and T being temperature, it is obvious that pressure increases as temperature increases. imagine your microwave meal heating up; the plastic wrapper will blow up if you have not vented it. I absolutely HATE being hot and now I know why. I am sure that if the ambient temperature is enough to make you feel very hot, that it is increasing your intracranial pressure.
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

Over heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over heating   Over heating I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Does that hold true if one just feels hot but it doesn't register on a thermometer. I know I have too much insulation so that keeps my inners warmer than my skin, but would that also affect the pressure, ya think?
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

Over heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over heating   Over heating I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 7:12 am

measuring temperature can be fraught with inaccuracy. I don't completely trust anything but a rectal (core) temp. so you may think your body temp isn't elevated but you may not be getting accurate temps. it's hard to imagine that the ICP (intracranial pressure) could increase from a rise in temperature that is not affecting the entire body; it should be.

the other thing that might seem contradictory is that I have noticed I tend to feel better if I take a hot shower. I think what is happening is that my periphery is vasodilating such that my blood pressure is dropping during the shower. this will translate into decreased cerebral perfusion pressure and decreased cerebral blood flow, which we know will decrease ICP. my mother who has similar issues but has not been diagnosed has noticed the same phenomenon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Over heating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over heating   Over heating I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Over heating

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: Living with IIH ::   :: Group Huddle-
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com