HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Shunt Kinking...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
laurataylor92
laurataylor92

Shunt Kinking... Empty
PostSubject: Shunt Kinking...   Shunt Kinking... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:03 pm

What happens when your VP shunt kinks? What will the doctors do to fix it? I think I am getting my second pseudocyst, but I went into the ER and they said that was my shunt was kinking... I have no clue what that means.. HELP please.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Shunt Kinking... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shunt Kinking...   Shunt Kinking... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:35 pm

To check if it is a kink you will have a scan to determine where it is and they may then decide to do a surgical intervention to straighten the catheter or replace it with a new one. They have to do this because it causes an obstruction, so if this is the case I'd get in touch with your Neurosurgeon and ask to see him so he can investigate further before it makes you seriously unwell.

Heidi hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
laurataylor92
laurataylor92

Shunt Kinking... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shunt Kinking...   Shunt Kinking... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:16 am

Thanks, I am flying home soon to get it checked out, if I let it go or I don't get it checked in time what are the symptoms that something is wrong, I got scans and such and they told me it was kinked.. the doctors here did anyway i am 1000 miles away from my neurosurgeon. I tried looking up online the symptoms of a kinked shunt and what happens if it doesnt get treated in time but got nowhere...
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Shunt Kinking... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shunt Kinking...   Shunt Kinking... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:38 am

The symptoms are usually Headache Vomiting Visual disturbance Drowsiness and alsoa stiff neck and shoulders. Until it's dealt with you will continue to have these symptoms and they will become more unbearable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Sponsored content

Shunt Kinking... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shunt Kinking...   Shunt Kinking... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shunt Kinking...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: General Discussions ::   :: VP & VA Shunts-
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com