HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Please help. I am so lost and confused.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
laurataylor92
laurataylor92

Please help. I am so lost and confused. Empty
PostSubject: Please help. I am so lost and confused.   Please help. I am so lost and confused. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:08 am

Ok so I have been on here off and on for awhile, I have a somewhat serious problem and just wanted to know if anyone else has had this and if they did what was done. I had my shunt put in on October 25 2011 and then my first revision the 27th of October. Then the 29th of November I had a cyst form and so they did surgery to move my shunt on Dec 5, it has been over a month and I have this really hard rockish bump under my incision from my first surgery which is totally healed, then about 3 inches above my second incision which is still healing I have this large painful hard bump. I have no clue what to do. For the past 2 weeks I have not been in pain and then all of the sudden I am in extreme pain. I went into the ER and they did a scan and nothing. i am now in colorado helping a friend and my pain is soooooooooo bad i just want to die and then with the bumps im really worried any help would be awesome I am going into an urgent care tomorrow hopefully anyway. So anything at this point would be helpful thanks.
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: Please help. I am so lost and confused.   Please help. I am so lost and confused. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:07 pm

Oh Laura, I am so sorry to hear you are having so much trouble since your surgery.
Have you gone back to the surgeon to see if you have developed another cyst? A rock hard lump sure sounds like a cyst to me.
I hope you are able to get answers at urgent care. Don't forget to ask for a pain med that will handle your level of pain.
Let us know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Please help. I am so lost and confused.   Please help. I am so lost and confused. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Laura I have to agree with Wylie, you need to get them checked out. It could be a leak from your shunt into your abdomen and tissues. I've had something similar a couple of times, and it turned out the shunt had become dislodged in my abdomen and the bump was fluid from the leak. I would insist that your Doctor checks for this just in case.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Heidi hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Please help. I am so lost and confused.   Please help. I am so lost and confused. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Laura, I'm so sorry you're struggling so. I agree w/ Wylee and Heidi ..you definitely need to get it checked out! I had one revision because I had a hard lump in my side..it hurt and moved when I pushed on it. They didn't see anything at first, but did another scan a month or so later and found out my catheter had come undone. It turned into a huge knot. My headaches were excruciating, but the surgery was simple and fixed it. As you can see from just these few posts, it could be a lot of things. I would definitely be concerned about your history of cysts and follow up w/ your surgeon! as soon as possible.
Good luck, and keep us posted!!!
Julie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please help. I am so lost and confused.   Please help. I am so lost and confused. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please help. I am so lost and confused.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top