HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Susan-diagnosed July 27 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
suzisk8
suzisk8

Susan-diagnosed July 27 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Susan-diagnosed July 27 2011   Susan-diagnosed July 27 2011 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Hi everyone. My name is Susan and I live in Carson City, Nevada, USA. It is the state capital of Nevada and 30 miles south of Reno. I am 45 years old. I have one son 7 1/2 yrs old and a fiance and 2 dogs. After going through years of trying to figure out what was going on, my first visit to my awesome neurologist, she nailed it right on the money. First off let me tell you my symptoms. For years I have had headaches, extreme fatigue, chills, brain fog, and mysterious "boogies" in my nose. I just thought it was my PCOS that I was diagnosed with when I was 17 1/2. As of October 10, 2003, I thought it was depression because of the loss of my husband of 9 yrs due to a heart attack. Fast forward to 2009 and I just finished community college and I am starting at the University of Nevada, Reno. I am trying my hardest, but I am so exhausted and hurting. I utilize the counseling and therapy services offered by the university and by 2010 mentally and emotionally, I am feeling great! Physically, like crap still. It takes an arm and a leg to try and get referrals to see an endocrinologist and neurologist, but it finally happens. Yesterday (Monday, August 15) I saw my neuro for a panic appointment. She was awesome and understanding. She answered all my questions, increased my meds and was pleased with my progress. Since she sees progress in me (a nice gradual weight loss, return of smell and palate taste (haven't had those in years!)), she doesn't see the point of doing a lumbar drain at all. She wants me to go low carb, high protien, no cheese, no booze, lots of water. She also wants me to get lots of rest. HAHA, yea right, I have so many appointments with the university it isn't funny. I am at least taking the bus and walking with a cane to help me out. and the appointments are spaced out over many days, so I can rest in between. I am getting all my files updated with my new status. I am taking a couple of online classes so I can keep my active status as a student. That is me in a nutshell, let me know if you have any questions. I am so happy there is a board for this!
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Susan-diagnosed July 27 2011   Susan-diagnosed July 27 2011 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:37 pm

A very warm welcome Susanand I am so glad you found your way to us. What a rollercoaster of a ride you've been on emotionally and physically hug and //i applaud you for keeping on with your studies and not giving up your life through it all. You are a very strong lady and your determination just jumps out of your posting.

It's so reassuring and encouraging when you find and gel with the right Doctor, and yours sounds wonderful and very knowledgeable on IIH. I'm so glad that you have made progress and that you are seeing the differences, that must be very encouraging.

I look forward to your posts and to following your journey with IIH, which ?I'm sure will also help our other members, especially the younger ones, when they see how you have not let IIH take over your life. I'm full of admiration for your spirit and attitude.

Heidi Susan-diagnosed July 27 2011 596578
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Susan-diagnosed July 27 2011   Susan-diagnosed July 27 2011 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi Susan! I'm sorry for your struggle, but it does seem like you're handling it well. I've also been on the appointment roller coaster lately, so I know how difficult it is to juggle. They're also playing w/ my diet and sleep, so it can make things interesting. I think you'll find many people w/ similar experiences here..I know you'll find a lot of support! Welcome to the group.

Take care,
Julie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Susan-diagnosed July 27 2011   Susan-diagnosed July 27 2011 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Susan-diagnosed July 27 2011

View previous topic View next topic Back to top