HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

More problems?!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Betsy
Betsy

More problems?!? Empty
PostSubject: More problems?!?   More problems?!? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:05 am

Went to the doctor this afternoon for a regular medication update and to see what I can do so my flight next week won't be too painful, no problem yet. Two days before the flight I'll up my Diamox one dose and percocet just before I get on the plane.

The doctor mentioned a sore on my ear when she was doing her basic check up and asked about it. It's been coming back in the same place every couple of weeks over the last six months. I didn't think much about it, but she says it's a skin cancer :( and will have to be removed. Because of where it's at it's going to be difficult to neatly remove. So sometime in December or January it will be time for some surgery. Happy New Year to me! 🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
geri
geri

More problems?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More problems?!?   More problems?!? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:10 pm

Betsy,

Really sorry to hear this, not like you do not have enough on your plate with having IIH. One positive though is that they have caught it early enough and surgeons are amazing these days with what they can do. Just make sure you get the best. Think of it this way, the Happy New Year, will be a better new you without the irritation of that sore on your ear coming back time and again.

cheer
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

More problems?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More problems?!?   More problems?!? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:34 am

Thanks Geri.

They have to get a grant for the surgery and then find a doctor who'll accept it, so it may take a little longer than I thought before it gets done. The cancer is slow growing so that's not too bad, it's just the waiting.
Back to top Go down
geri
geri

More problems?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More problems?!?   More problems?!? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi Betsy

Hopefully you will find that grant and doctor very soon....and thankfully it is slow growing :-)

will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Back to top Go down
Babby
Babby

More problems?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More problems?!?   More problems?!? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:51 pm

Betsy, what have they done with your ear? I'm so sorry you have to deal with another thing on top of IH! I'm thinking of you honey, and would love an update! fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

More problems?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More problems?!?   More problems?!? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:08 am

Babby, finances have been really tight so I'm waiting for my tax refund. I got my w-2 this week and hopefully my brain will be unfuzzy enough tomorrow to fill out and efile. I'll make my appt Monday as I should have the money in 7-10 days and the appt for biopsy will be in 2-3 weeks, then about a month for the grant to process, find a surgeon, etc. Like all of us I just keep plugging along. :Good Luck
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

More problems?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More problems?!?   More problems?!? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:52 pm

Hi Betsy, I'm sorry to read that you have this going on, but like everyone else has said, it's been caught early which is always good news. So I hope that things are in the process of moving forward with the removal of the lump.

I know they have told you it's cancerous but I suppose until it's removed and sent to the path lab, you wont know to what extent. I hope you don't worry too much about this and keep positive, because I know the word "cancer" alone brings the worst thoughts and fears. You have to keep a positive attitude, and try not to think of the worst case scenario, focus on that they got it early before you had any other symptoms. I speak from recent experience of cancer and surgery, so I know how you feel. hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Babby
Babby

More problems?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More problems?!?   More problems?!? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:14 pm

Oh Betsy! I'm thinking of you sweetie! I know how overwhelming even a simple tax return can seem when you feel awful, and are stressed out.

I wish I was closer to you, I would try to help, maybe together we would form one full brain!

Like Heidi said, just try to focus on getting it checked out, and cross whatever bridge you need to cross when you come to it.

((HUGS))
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

More problems?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More problems?!?   More problems?!? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:57 am

Taxes (federal) are filed! I'll start trying for appts tomorrow. One day at a time..... Breathe deep..... Don't stress..... and repeat! With lots of support and hugs from friends. hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More problems?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More problems?!?   More problems?!? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More problems?!?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top