HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Common symptoms of a blocked shunt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Common symptoms of a blocked shunt Empty
PostSubject: Common symptoms of a blocked shunt   Common symptoms of a blocked shunt I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:31 pm

How do I know if my shunt is blocked?

Complications of cerebral spinal fluid shunts are common, the most common complication being a shunt blockage. If this happens the symptoms are usually;

Headache
Vomiting
Visual disturbance
Drowsiness
You could also experience a stiff neck and shoulders.

If you have any of these symptoms you should contact your doctor or Neurosurgeon as soon as you can.

Last edited by Heidi on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:23 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
missjean22
missjean22

PostSubject: Re: Common symptoms of a blocked shunt   Common symptoms of a blocked shunt I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:08 am

Thanks for posting this heidi as i have been experiencing these for a few weeks now, but i dont think my shunt has ever worked :roll: or if it has not very good lol.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Common symptoms of a blocked shunt   Common symptoms of a blocked shunt I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:40 pm

I think there are many of us who have had problems with our shunts. We pin so much hope on them being successful straight away, so I know it's disheartening when they aren't. Sometimes, it's just that the setting needs adjusting, or it might have some loose, or become blocked. Like everything else I suppose it's hit and miss, but when there are no problems like these they really do work well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Common symptoms of a blocked shunt   Common symptoms of a blocked shunt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Common symptoms of a blocked shunt

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: General Information ::   :: IIH Surgery and Information-
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com