HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Mood Lifter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Mood Lifter Empty
PostSubject: Mood Lifter   Mood Lifter I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:59 pm

This might sound a little bit silly or maybe it wont, but we all need a little mood uplifter, that puts that smile back on your face, perhaps jig about a little, or just sway in your chair, but trust me this helps a lot. Everybody has that one song or tune that they love and makes them think of good times and puts a bit of a spring back into your step.

Over the years I've found that when I'm feeling a little bit low or even fed up, if I put on a song that makes me feel smiley and happy, it does actually lift my mood. Obviously if you're more than low it isn't really going to be much of a help, but on your fed up days it will.

So if there's a song, that when you've played it, makes you sway or sing-a-long, try putting it on when you hit a low point, because in the time you're listening to that song and moving to it, you forget completely that you have IIH, and your mood does lift. Give it a try! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Betsy
Betsy

Mood Lifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood Lifter   Mood Lifter I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:33 am

Colors can lift my mood. Sometimes when I'm down I get out my crayons and draw pictures. I'm not an artist by any stretch of imagination, but my grade school looking flowers make me smile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Mood Lifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood Lifter   Mood Lifter I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:05 am

Colors indeed have a great influence in one mood. Cite for example Helen Keller, she finds color soothing though she already had lost her sight. Colors influence one's mood they may lift up or bring you down. So to make things light, give yourself a color therapy that suits your mood. Mood Lifter 168505
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Mood Lifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood Lifter   Mood Lifter I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:49 pm

Something else that lifts my mood is having my cats curled up near me. I don't know what it is but I find them so soothing and warming.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Mood Lifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood Lifter   Mood Lifter I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:11 pm

I've heard of colour therapy Mood Lifter Icon_biggrin, which is one of the reasons why I picked for our group look to be this blue, to give a feeling of peacefulness. I hope it works. Mood Lifter Icon_surprised
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Mood Lifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood Lifter   Mood Lifter I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:11 pm

I have to agree with you Heidi, the layout is very calming, comforting and peaceful. Thumbs up

It is not harsh on the eyes which makes it easy to browse the many topic pages in this forum without getting a headache. :Good Luck

I also love the colours and simplicity of the logo. To me it suggests harmony, hope and happiness, amongst other things, and they are pretty comforting emotions, and to me they represent what this website is about Smile Well done!

:flower:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Mood Lifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood Lifter   Mood Lifter I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:31 pm

Ok, I'm just perusing the site because I'm totally losing hope because of the pain and vision problems...so, I saw this and decided to list a few songs that make me laugh or improve my mood. I love music of all different genres but haven't listened to much lately. So, here is some,certainly not in any particular order:

Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go by Wham! (9th grade, what a goofy song! But I can't help but laugh cause I loved it sooo much)

I've Had the Time of My Life (Dirty Dancing)

Happy Little Working Song and How Does She Know (Enchanted movie), I'm a sap for movie music and musicals.

Christmas music usually, I listen to it in July even.

Am I sad or what? Feel free to laugh!

👅 :shock:
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

Mood Lifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood Lifter   Mood Lifter I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 4:46 am

ha ha! I love Xmas music too! I start listening to it in November and don't stop until Jan-Feb, but not because I want to.
I just wish I could still sing it....... but it makes my ICP go up.

cats sound good. I think I'm going to the pound next week.
Deb
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

Mood Lifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood Lifter   Mood Lifter I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Oh Yeah! On the Christmas music, though this year there is bitter with the sweet. I have been singing in my churcch choir since the second week I went there in 1999, November 4th was my last time to sing as part of the choir, my body can't keep up with the practices, but the plus side is that I will get to listen to them sing now.
Back to top Go down
sammyjo
sammyjo

Mood Lifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood Lifter   Mood Lifter I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 8:23 pm

i agree with hedi a nice snuggly cuddle with my cats dose make me smile thier purrring calms me x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mood Lifter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood Lifter   Mood Lifter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mood Lifter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top