HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

The worst headache ever :-(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
traceyb
traceyb

The worst headache ever :-( Empty
PostSubject: The worst headache ever :-(   The worst headache ever :-( I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:41 am

The worst headache ever :-( 722864 the worst headache ever yeterday spent most of the day in bed, my daughter came into check on me and she said when i opened my eyes all she could see was black as though my pupils had covered my whole eye this scared her The worst headache ever :-( Affraid
she rang QE hospital an told them they said to get me up to A&E straight away as that was not a good sign The worst headache ever :-( 480781 so off i went with the worst headache so far, couldnt face any light ,floaties ,eyes blurry, pain in the back of my neck,my ears hurt, my eye sockets hurt, my whole body felt shaky...... once at the hospital they did act quickly saw a doc straight away checked me over prodding and poking at me (which dosent help my Fibro) then went off to speak to a neuro (all i wanted was a LP to take the pain away ) he came back did an eye test an told me to double up on my tramadol tabs take 100mg instead of 50mg The worst headache ever :-( Icon_sad then told me that my weight dosent help,which i am working on anyways and to phone the neuro's secratary in the morning ,then sent me home The worst headache ever :-( Icon_rolleyes , still got bad head today but not as bad as yesterday . Hubby has phoned the neuro sec this morning and its looking like i should have an appoinment for next week...........

trace x
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: The worst headache ever :-(   The worst headache ever :-( I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Tracey, I'm so sorry you're having such terrible headaches The worst headache ever :-( 539880 , I know how awful they are, as I still get them myself. I'm surprised that your CSF wasn't measured, especially if you've got all the typical symptoms.

Whether your weight helps it or not does not need to be continually thrown in your face. You're already aware of it and doing something about it. The main thing the doctor should be addressing is your symptoms, not reminding you of what you are already aware of. Anyway, that said, I hope that your appointment next week is more helpful.

In the meantime all I can suggest is what works for me. I take my regular pain medication, and I also have what they call top up pain medication which helps keep on top of the pain, I don't know if you are on any that you can take on top of what you're on to ease the pain. Is tramadol the only thing you are on for the pain, if so it might be worth asking your doctor if it's possible to have something as well as the Tramadol.

I also use a cold wet flannel on my forehead when I lay down, which actually helps quite a bit

Until they look at your pressure there isn't going to be any longterm relief if it is high, until they bring the pressure down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
traceyb
traceyb

PostSubject: Re: The worst headache ever :-(   The worst headache ever :-( I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:29 am

Hi Hedi
thank you for your reply i'm not actually on any pain medication for my BIH the medication i take is for my Fibromyalgia, i take co-codamol 30/500, tramadol 50 mg (which they have now told me to up it to 100mg), ibruproffen 400mg amtriplaytine 50mg , rantadine and furosmide 40mg.I take quite a high dose of medication anyways so dont know if they could up it any more........my headache was bearable yesterday but today its unbearable again, my neck, facial pain my ears feel as though i have been under water , just waiting for my meds to kick in. Fingers crossed i get the appointment next week and get some answers and some medication for this
trace xx
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: The worst headache ever :-(   The worst headache ever :-( I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Is your medication staggered through the day?. I too take co codamol, but I'm also able to take extra doses inbetween my regular medication, as a top up on my pain. It might be worth seeing your doctor about how you can take your pain medication through the day to keep on top of your pain, so that they are staggered and you aren't necessarily taking them too close together, or all together. If they can be paced through the day, it might work better for you in terms of keeping on top of your headaches and make all the difference. Smile
Back to top Go down
traceyb
traceyb

PostSubject: Re: The worst headache ever :-(   The worst headache ever :-( I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:33 pm

hi heidi
i take all my medication together thank you for that i will ask my gp about staggering them and see if that works
trace x The worst headache ever :-( Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The worst headache ever :-(   The worst headache ever :-( I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:34 pm

Boy! This is just terrible! I hope you are doing better now! I remember learning on another site that Tramadol can aggravate IH. I believe it is on IH Support Community. It was a while back that someone posted it. However, I also remember so many people saying you cannot get around pain meds without them aggravating IH, no matter what you do. So, hope you are doing better and that they are taking good care of you!
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: The worst headache ever :-(   The worst headache ever :-( I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:28 pm

I'm afraid any pain medication that has codeine in, has the downside of bringing on rebound headaches. It might be worth asking your GP or Neurologist about it, because if that is the problem, they may be able to swap you to something that wont cause this problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The worst headache ever :-(   The worst headache ever :-( I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The worst headache ever :-(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: Living with IIH ::  -
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com