HomeRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Quality of Life Scale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2

PostSubject: Quality of Life Scale   Wed May 09, 2018 4:45 pm

Here is the content for a Quality of Life Scale I found from the American Chronic Pain Association. I am still working full time and recognize that is quite an accomplishment for someone with IIH, but I have never felt like I was functioning very well outside of work because I use all my energy there. This scale helped me put things into perspective, so I thought I'd share.

Non-functioning to Normal Quality of Life

0-Stay in bed all day. Feel hopeless and helpless about life.

1-Stay in bed at least half the day. Have no contact with outside world.

2-Get out of bed but don't get dressed. Stay at home all day.

3-Get dressed in the morning. Minimal activities at home. Contact with friends via phone, email.

4-Do simple chores around the house. Minimal activities outside of home two days a week.

5-Struggle but fulfill daily home responsibilities. No outside activity. Not able to work/volunteer.

6-Work/volunteer limited hours. Take part in limited social activities on weekends.

7-Work/volunteer for a few hours daily. Can be active at least five hours a day. Can make plans to do simple activities on weekends.

8-Work/volunteer for at least six hours daily. Have energy to make plans for one evening. Social activity during the week. Active on weekends.

9-Work/volunteer/be active eight hours daily. Take part in family life. Outside social activities limited.

10-Go to work/volunteer each day. Normal daily activities each day. Have a social life outside of work. Take an active part in family life.
Back to top Go down

Quality of Life Scale

View previous topic View next topic Back to top