HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Friends and family

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaitlinms
Kaitlinms

Friends and family  Empty
PostSubject: Friends and family    Friends and family  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 8:45 pm

Hi,

My partner has just been diagnosed with IIH and after much research online I stumbled across this site and I was hoping for some information and a little reassurance. After reading I've learnt a lot about the condition but I know there will be much more to learn. At the moment my partner has been in hospital for just over a week. She has the constant, severe headache that doesn't go away and her vision seems to be getting worse. She complains of double and blurred vision. Since being at hospital she has been given a lumbar puncture but that didn't seem to relieve any of the symptoms. They have started her on a high dose of diamox which makes her incredibly drowsy,(does the drowsiness wear off after being on the tablets for a while?). I think she may have a lumbar puncture next week if tests show that her optic nerves are still swollen. I just feel so helpless. I know I can't take the pain away and all I can do is be there to support her. Also, from brain scans they have noticed that her pituitary gland seems to be swollen and she has a very high amount of prolactin without ever being pregnant. I was wondering whether anyone has experienced something similar and could offer some reassurance that things do improve and she will feel better. Thanks in advance,

Kaitlin
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

Friends and family  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends and family    Friends and family  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 6:42 am

I think that if you look up pituitary adenoma online, maybe wikipedia, it may explain what is going on.  the docs may need to explain it better to the two of you.  I couldn't tolerate Diamox at all so I can't answer to long term treatment with it personally.  what you are doing right now is exactly what she needs from you; caring about her and supporting her.  a great many of us with IIH have been abandoned by those closest to us, who couldn't handle our illness.  just the fact you would take the step of posting here tells me that you are an important part of what she needs to get through this, just being yourself.  don't underestimate that, and maybe it will allow you to feel less helpless.
Back to top Go down

Friends and family

View previous topic View next topic Back to top