HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Cisternal shunts and bleeding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
daisy1947

daisy1947

Cisternal shunts and bleeding Empty
PostSubject: Cisternal shunts and bleeding   Cisternal shunts and bleeding I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 9:00 am

My daughter had a cisternal peritoneal shunt revision early this month.  She has since had a bleed around her cerebellum requiring clot removal and many days in ICU.  Still needs a shunt to handle her pressures.  Does anyone have experience with this?  If this had been an identified risk, not sure we would have gone this route.... (She had previously had 2 LP shunts which failed, and has slit ventricles so there is little room for a shunt there; so choices were limited...)  They are talking about returning to an LP shunt now, but she had a large amount of scar tissue there.
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: Cisternal shunts and bleeding   Cisternal shunts and bleeding I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:23 am

So sorry to hear that your daughter's issues have continued.  I don't recall anyone speaking of a cisternal shunt, so I'm not sure which direction to point you to.  Perhaps the IHRF in Seattle/Portland would be helpful.  Dr. Tanne is an expert in IIH.
I hope that someone is able to decipher all this mess for your daughter and get her well, and soon.
Back to top Go down
daisy1947

daisy1947

PostSubject: Re: Cisternal shunts and bleeding   Cisternal shunts and bleeding I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 7:48 am

Thank you. I have put a message out to them.  She is continuing to heal, thankfully.  Praying for a shunt that will work well!
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Cisternal shunts and bleeding   Cisternal shunts and bleeding I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 4:05 pm

I assume that's the cisterna magnum shunt they use at the back of the head. They do mention it as treatment at IHRF, but I don't know anyone that's had one. I would continue to reach out to IHRF and hopefully they'll be able to provide you some guidance and support. I'm really sorry to hear she's still struggling..please keep us posted!

hug 
Julie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cisternal shunts and bleeding   Cisternal shunts and bleeding I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cisternal shunts and bleeding

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: General Discussions ::   :: VP & VA Shunts-
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com