HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

When to go to the hospital

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
emma;)

emma;)

When to go to the hospital  Empty
PostSubject: When to go to the hospital    When to go to the hospital  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:11 pm

Well first I will start off by hoping everyone is ok been some time since my last visit. thankfully for about a year I have been ok however things took a turn for the worse last Thursday and I am so confused what to do.
I had a routine appointment with my neuro last week and when he examined me he told me that there was swelling behind my eyes and the pressure seemed to be up however I have no symptoms at all no headaches no vision problems I am fine so my jaw hit the floor the doctor said the minute I get a headache straight to hospital and an lp would be done but he was happy to let me go home. This is where things get weird I am on a waiting list at the moment to have an open MRI scan there seems to be something else wrong with me here are the two things the doctors have named M.S and Chiara malformation and if anything it's this other illness that as made me unwell the past few times and every time I see a doctor they go "we really need to get the scan done to see the top of ur spine" and it's the tone they say it in that scares me I feel left out like they know something I don't. Anyway after seeing the doctor on Thursday I was fine up until Monday evening I went extremely tired, funny tingling feeling from my head to me toes, feeling sick and faint, extremely weak couldn't lift my arms up proper however again still no sign of headache or vision problems, Tuesday if was worse I didn't want to left on my on my own was freaking out I have never felt so tired in all my life I couldn't stop falling sleep when I was awake a felt like throwing up all the time and wanting to pass out my mum wanted me to go straight to hospital she was so weird but I didn't want to cause I don't think it's the iih causing this anyway I promised I would phone today and speak to my neuro and see what he said I think my mum is hoping he would ask for me to go in and admit me and run all the tests and finally find out what is wrong once and for alll. I phoned this morning and asked to speak to him and the women wouldn't let me she said I had to see my gp first then if he can't do anything he would phone my neuro and discuss what to do which sounds odd cause every time it see my neuro he always says any headaches or vision problems phone me I will need u to come in and get u sorted.
So I am at a loss first off do I need to see my neuro if these symptoms are not iih? And just wait for the scan. When is the right time to go to the hospital with this? I feel so confused I have managed get an appointment for Friday see my gp I couldn't get in any sooner as he is away. Thankfully I am better today although still very tired.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest xxx
Back to top Go down
http://emma.derbyshire9@gmail.com
emma;)

emma;)

PostSubject: Re: When to go to the hospital    When to go to the hospital  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 3:01 pm

Sorry I realised I said my mum was so weird it was meant say worried
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: When to go to the hospital    When to go to the hospital  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 6:40 am

Emma, I hope that your GP is able to help you.  If he doesn't, then do ask again to see the neurologist.  It would be far better to get that MRI and find out for sure what is going on, and treat it, rather than not know and worry everyone, especially your Mom, with what it might be.  Doing an MRI really isn't all that bad.  When I've had one done, I close my eyes and keep them closed until they wheel me back out after it's over. 
Good luck with your doctor visit.  I hope it will help solve the questions.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: When to go to the hospital    When to go to the hospital  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:59 pm

Emma I have to agree with Linda, I think having the MRI will shed more light on what is going on, and rule in or out Chiari Malformation or MS. Do keep a symptom log ready to be able to tell your doctor exactly what's going on. As your Neuro has kept an open door for you, do keep him informed of the symptoms you're having, especially as he seems very keen to get to the bottom of it for you. Please keep us updated and I'll be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
emma;)

emma;)

PostSubject: Re: When to go to the hospital    When to go to the hospital  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 11:53 pm

Thank you for ur advice and concern means a lot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When to go to the hospital    When to go to the hospital  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When to go to the hospital

View previous topic View next topic Back to top