HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Worried or Not - Shunt coiling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sammyjo
sammyjo

Worried or Not - Shunt coiling Empty
PostSubject: Worried or Not - Shunt coiling   Worried or Not - Shunt coiling I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 2:43 pm

Shunt coiling

ok so i dont wonna sound like a drama queen but something is bothering me
a little higher than my scar on tummy (lp/vp shunt) is rock hard the only reason i notised is cos i was getting a stabbing stroke cramp feeling ... so my question is should i be worried and go doctors or should i stop being so dramatic and just ignor i mean its probably nothing and perfectly normal x
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Worried or Not - Shunt coiling   Worried or Not - Shunt coiling I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi Sammyjo, my advice to you is to ring either the ward you were on for surgery, or your Neurosurgeon, just to get it looked at for peace of mind. Don't ignore it, because could be something, especially if it is near your wound. It could indicate that your shunt catheter has come loose, I say COULD I'm NOT saying it has, which is why it needs to be checked. Give them a ring and please keep us updated. You're not a drama queen for worrying about this, you were right to ask, and that's one of the things we're here for. hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Worried or Not - Shunt coiling   Worried or Not - Shunt coiling I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:04 pm

I would definitely have them check it out, especially since it's a change..better to be safe than sorry! I have a hard spot above my valve that get sore and pretty large, but it's just my facia knotting up from all the surgeries and revisions. It usually eases up with massage, so hopefully it's just part of the healing process for you too!
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: Worried or Not - Shunt coiling   Worried or Not - Shunt coiling I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 11:54 pm

I agree.  Better to let the doc say nothing to worry about than to keep wondering.

Keeping my fingers are cross
Back to top Go down
sammyjo
sammyjo

PostSubject: Re: Worried or Not - Shunt coiling   Worried or Not - Shunt coiling I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 10:18 am

my first lp shunt coiled and it was a huge lump this dosent feel like that x
Back to top Go down
sammyjo
sammyjo

PostSubject: Re: Worried or Not - Shunt coiling   Worried or Not - Shunt coiling I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 10:22 am

i am going doctors today though x
Back to top Go down
sammyjo
sammyjo

PostSubject: Re: Worried or Not - Shunt coiling   Worried or Not - Shunt coiling I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:51 am

ok so i cant belive i am saying this but its coiled again is this normal my 3rd coilling 
can i ask how meany times others have had there coil shunt x
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Worried or Not - Shunt coiling   Worried or Not - Shunt coiling I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 7:54 pm

Wow, did they offer any explanations? Definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results, right?! Ugh, I think I'd be asking for other options at this point..seems like either they're incompetent or your body doesn't like it..lol.

I'm so sorry you're going through it all again..hang in there!!!
hug
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Worried or Not - Shunt coiling   Worried or Not - Shunt coiling I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 4:43 pm

It's happened to me four times in the past, one occasion I had gone in because it had coiled and was taken to theatre to have it sorted, only for it to have happened the day after. It's never been explained to me why it happens, just that it can. I wondered if it was because it wasn't as securely anchored as they thought, and any movement had cause it to loosen and coil.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: Worried or Not - Shunt coiling   Worried or Not - Shunt coiling I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 5:09 pm

So glad you have a diagnosis.  Now, if they can just come up with a long lasting fix!!
Keeping fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worried or Not - Shunt coiling   Worried or Not - Shunt coiling I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worried or Not - Shunt coiling

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: Living with IIH ::   :: Group Huddle-
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com