HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Lacy -Diagnosed on Jan 16th 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lacy
Lacy

Lacy -Diagnosed on Jan 16th 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Lacy -Diagnosed on Jan 16th 2009   Lacy -Diagnosed on Jan 16th 2009 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 3:50 am

Hey everyone my name is Lacy im 28, married mother of two beautiful girls . I was Dignosed with IH in Jan of this year after being admited into the hospital for a headach of unknown orgin. It was when they did my first spinal tap that the discoverd something was wrong. My opening presure was at 40. The neurologist that works only in the hospital said she thought that I had IH, how ever she called it by the old name of Pseudotumor Cerebri. She sent me for an MRI to rule out any blood clots and when that came back normal she had an opthamologist come in to see me to confirm the dignosis. And sure enough it was IH. They started me on the Diamox right away, and the next day sent me for yet again another spinal tap to drain off more fluid. I went home the next day.
As of right now I am on 4,000 Mg of Diamox and just started Topamax, and my Neuro is already talking about having a shunt put in because the he doesn't feel that the Diamox is doing what it needs to be doing. I am looking forword to getting to know everyone on here!
xoxoxoxo
Lacy
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/mumascherubs
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Thank you for joining us   Lacy -Diagnosed on Jan 16th 2009 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 3:49 pm

Lacy -Diagnosed on Jan 16th 2009 Welcom11

Welcome Lacey, feel free to ask as many questions as you want to, and to be yourself.Our aim here is to help you to develop the coping skills you need to help you live with IIH, and to be able to maintain them to help keep you strong and confident. Our focus is on you and your needs, so that you will be understood, supported and above all treated with respect. We are here when you need us, the door is always open at IIH Kindred Spirits.

:cheers: Heidi xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Charlie
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Lacy -Diagnosed on Jan 16th 2009   Lacy -Diagnosed on Jan 16th 2009 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Hi there and welcome, sounds as if you are finding out lots about IH which is great.
We are all individual and have different ways of coping, coming here is a great way of finding people in the same situation and we can help each other find ways of understanding IH and to cope with the ways it can affest our lives.

Again welcome. :cheers:

:flower:
Back to top Go down
Laura
Tech Admin
Tech Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Welcome   Lacy -Diagnosed on Jan 16th 2009 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 4:19 pm

Welcome to IIH Kindred Spirits, I hope you enjoy your stay here Smile
Back to top Go down
Titch
Titch

PostSubject: Re: Lacy -Diagnosed on Jan 16th 2009   Lacy -Diagnosed on Jan 16th 2009 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:51 am

Hello Lacy,

Just wanted to say hi :flower:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lacy -Diagnosed on Jan 16th 2009   Lacy -Diagnosed on Jan 16th 2009 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lacy -Diagnosed on Jan 16th 2009

View previous topic View next topic Back to top