HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Dealing With A Low Pressure Headache After A Lumbar Puncture

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Dealing With A Low Pressure Headache After A Lumbar Puncture Empty
PostSubject: Dealing With A Low Pressure Headache After A Lumbar Puncture   Dealing With A Low Pressure Headache After A Lumbar Puncture I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:45 pm

I have a low pressure headache
What do I do if I have a low pressure headache?
I had a lumbar puncture and now I have headache
LOW PRESSURE HEADACHE AFTER A LUMBAR PUNCTURE

It's not unusual to suffer with a low pressure headache after a lumbar puncture. The symptoms are usually intense headaches when you stand or sit up, neck pain and vomiting. You may find them worrying and upsetting the first time you experience one, as the pain can seem intolerable. They can start a few hours after an LP or the next day. Be aware of fever, any swelling or tenderness where you had the lumbar puncture, and for any leakage of clear fluid or blood. If you have any of these call your doctor.

The best way to cope with a low pressure headache, is to stay laid flat, plenty of fluid, caffeine and some painkillers. Coke is a good way of getting lots of caffeine too, or you can get some caffeine tablets from a herbalist for example. If the pain gets worse or continues after 24 hours, get in touch with your doctor so that he can arrange for something more effective.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com

Dealing With A Low Pressure Headache After A Lumbar Puncture

View previous topic View next topic Back to top