HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Sicknotes from your GP in the UK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Sicknotes from your GP in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Sicknotes from your GP in the UK   Sicknotes from your GP in the UK I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 9:38 pm

Getting a sick note
My GP won't sign me off work he says I need a phased return
Phase return to work

From April 2010 the new sick notes for the UK, give your GP four options when filling in your sick note. The old sick note only gave options for if a person should be off sick or was able to return to work. Now your GP can indicate whether the person should be off work completely OR if they may be fit to do some work if certain changes made.

The form has two options: that the patient is 'not fit for work', or that the patient 'may be fit for work taking account of the following advice.' Your  GP can tick;

1. a phased return to work
  2. altered hours
  3. amended duties
  4. workplace adaptations.

Your GP can also provide more information on the condition you're ill with  and how it may affects what you do.

For more information on sick notes, and what your GP's decision means, please go to The Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS) website
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com

Sicknotes from your GP in the UK

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: Recommendations For You ::   :: Help With Health Resources-
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
How to make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com