HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

update on my suspected blocked shunt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sammyjo
sammyjo

update on my suspected blocked shunt  Empty
PostSubject: update on my suspected blocked shunt    update on my suspected blocked shunt  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 1:25 am

well guys we were right the LP shunt is blocked 😢 ...... but there is kind of good news my ventricles are wide enough for the VP shunt my doc seems to think this is the best thing for me. as I have 2 lp shunts with in a year. I am scared but hopeful I am hopeful that the VP shunt will be more suited to me.

I am being booked in for January unless there is a cancelation, and in the mean time been put on more toprimate and frusimide and pain killers.
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

PostSubject: Re: update on my suspected blocked shunt    update on my suspected blocked shunt  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 3:45 am

JANUARY?????!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sammyjo
sammyjo

PostSubject: Re: update on my suspected blocked shunt    update on my suspected blocked shunt  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 11:41 am

yes January as there are no signs of infection and as I am epileptic and my seizures are playing up at the min they wonna get me stable first. my neurologist has ALOT of patients so more serious than me and if there is a cancelation I am first on the list. but I have had ih for 10 year nearly 11 years now and I am confident that I can manage my pain and meds until my time comes x
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: update on my suspected blocked shunt    update on my suspected blocked shunt  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:13 pm

I'm just happy that they got to the bottom of what was wrong and are doing something about it. Hopefully your seizures will settle down and you can accept a cancellation. It's good your confident that you can manage everything until you can have surgery. We're always here for you as you know, and I'll have my fingers crossed for you. hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

PostSubject: Re: update on my suspected blocked shunt    update on my suspected blocked shunt  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:47 am

wow, is that business as usual in the UK?  that would be totally unacceptable in the US.
Back to top Go down
sammyjo
sammyjo

PostSubject: Re: update on my suspected blocked shunt    update on my suspected blocked shunt  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 11:15 am

yeah it is I mean they made me wate 10 yrs for lp shunt x and even after I was diagnosed and I would go to AE because of high pressure and needing lumbar puncture they would send me home and say I was facking x

Heidi
thank you for your support at tthis point I would be happy with just one fiit a day rather than the 4-7 I am having at the min, most of them are mini ones but still make me feel like ass x
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: update on my suspected blocked shunt    update on my suspected blocked shunt  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm glad they were able to figure it out..I know you've been struggling a long time now! Hopefully the VP shunt will be more suited to your needs. I am sorry to hear they can't schedule you until January, but know that I've waited 6 months for surgery in the past. Just make sure you let them know if there are any changes..especially to your vision.

Good luck!!!
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: update on my suspected blocked shunt    update on my suspected blocked shunt  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:50 pm

That's kind of a good news, bad news sort of thing.  So glad they found that indeed the shunt is blocked, but, my goodness, having to wait so long for another shunt..........wow!!
I hope the docs are able to get your seizures under control quickly too.  That would be nice!
Back to top Go down
BananasMom
Admin2
Admin2
BananasMom

PostSubject: Re: update on my suspected blocked shunt    update on my suspected blocked shunt  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Sending *hugs* ... sorry to hear you'll have to wait so long, but hopefully the VP shunt will be better suited to your needs and bring more lasting relief.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: update on my suspected blocked shunt    update on my suspected blocked shunt  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

update on my suspected blocked shunt

View previous topic View next topic Back to top