HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

LP shunt - 5 weeks post op

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
morrise
morrise

LP shunt - 5 weeks post op Empty
PostSubject: LP shunt - 5 weeks post op   LP shunt - 5 weeks post op I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 11:41 am

I know I may be early in saying that it has been successful.  But for the moment I can.  I am 2 weeks headache free no symptoms and finally feel normal again.  I'm so happy and can only hope that it will last.  cheer But if there are problems down the line I will deal with it then.  For now I can go and live my life and catch up on the last 4 years.  Start back work tomorrow I can't wait to get back into a routine.

thank you Thanks to everyone for your support over the last few years.  I will keep in touch and will continue to look in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: LP shunt - 5 weeks post op   LP shunt - 5 weeks post op I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 5:48 pm

:well done That's great news
..CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: LP shunt - 5 weeks post op   LP shunt - 5 weeks post op I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 6:17 am

woohoo  woohoo
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: LP shunt - 5 weeks post op   LP shunt - 5 weeks post op I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 8:53 pm

cheer That is FANTASTIC NEWS!! I am so pleased for you and I can't wait to hear about how things are getting back to normal for you, and about how you are getting on. IT will be very uplifting and reassuring for other members to be able to see how your life can get back on track after successful treatment, whether by medication or surgery.hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Kasskal
Kasskal

PostSubject: Re: LP shunt - 5 weeks post op   LP shunt - 5 weeks post op I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 2:23 pm

It is so awesome to hear you are feeling better!!! Very Happy  I know once you feel that relief you never want to go back. If you don't mind adding, I would like to know why your doctors decided to go with and LP vs VP. I hope this continues to help you live a normal life. Please keep us posted on your progress. It is really great to hear of the success stories. That is what keeps me going.
Back to top Go down
MarkyMark
MarkyMark

PostSubject: Re: LP shunt - 5 weeks post op   LP shunt - 5 weeks post op I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:23 pm

So happy to hear this! Please keep us updated, even if it is just to tell us you are feeling good :-) and I too would like to know why the lp was chosen.
Back to top Go down
morrise
morrise

PostSubject: Re: LP shunt - 5 weeks post op   LP shunt - 5 weeks post op I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks everyone xxx 

My neuro thought the Lp shunt would suit me better as I always got great relief from my regular LP's. My eyes were never effected from IIH although I had visual disturbances alot it was only when my pressure was high and my eye tests always came back good and have never changed.  Im meeting him on Friday so ask more questions
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: LP shunt - 5 weeks post op   LP shunt - 5 weeks post op I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 2:08 am

Keeping my fingers crossed that the good news will continue.  Sometimes it does take some tweaking, so if you do get any twinges, or maybe lose a little weight, post menopause, etc, the valve may need to be adjusted, but, hopefully there will be no changes needed for a long, long time.
Back to top Go down
morrise
morrise

PostSubject: Re: LP shunt - 5 weeks post op   LP shunt - 5 weeks post op I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 11:05 pm

10 weeks post op and I can say its been a success for me,  I have no more headaches and no pain at all.  I'm back living my life and loving every minute of it.  Also loving all the positive comments from people about how well I look.  Back walking too up to 40k a week now and loving it.  I wish the same success for everyone else xxxx
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: LP shunt - 5 weeks post op   LP shunt - 5 weeks post op I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:02 pm

woohoo so glad to hear things are still going well!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: LP shunt - 5 weeks post op   LP shunt - 5 weeks post op I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Great news!! Please keep popping back and let us know how you're getting on. It will be good for other members who think there's no hope, to see how well you are doing. Keep inspiring! hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LP shunt - 5 weeks post op   LP shunt - 5 weeks post op I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LP shunt - 5 weeks post op

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: Living with IIH ::   :: IIH Successes-
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
Free forum | Sciences and Knowledge | Health | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com