HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Styloidogenic jugular venous compression syndrome

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Styloidogenic jugular venous compression syndrome Empty
PostSubject: Styloidogenic jugular venous compression syndrome   Styloidogenic jugular venous compression syndrome I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 6:15 pm

Shervin R Dashti, Peter Nakaji, Yin C Hu, Don F Frei, Adib A Abla, Tom Yao, David Fiorella wrote:
Intracranial venous hypertension may result from extrinsic osseous compression of the jugular veins at the skull base. Although rare, this phenomenon is important to recognize because primary stenting not only is ineffective but also may actually exacerbate the outflow obstruction. The osseous impingement of the dominant jugular vein can be relieved via a decompressive styloidectomy, and the clinical results can be excellent.
Read more: http://www.mdlinx.com/neurology/news-article.cfm/3948667/jugular-venous-compression#ixzz2Xigwt0Ji

Dr. Harris Comments on Styloidogenic Jugular Venous Compression

Styloidogenic jugular venous compression syndrome: diagnosis and treatment: case report

Evidence for the importance of extracranial venous flow in patients with idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH).
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
susanjean

susanjean

PostSubject: Intracranial venous hypertension   Styloidogenic jugular venous compression syndrome I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 9:14 pm

This is very interesting and am wondering who does this type of test? Is it found with an MRV? I am  scheduled for an lp,but it seems as if this would be a more appropriate test. What type of symptoms would you get with IVH? Same as IIH? I have had such a stiff neck and midback spasms. Thanks for posting this.
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

PostSubject: Re: Styloidogenic jugular venous compression syndrome   Styloidogenic jugular venous compression syndrome I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 5:49 am

yes you need a neck MRV to detect the compression of the jugular vein.  then they would consider whether the styloid is the culprit.  Dr. Nakaji at Barrows in Phoenix deals with this.  it's a very new entity and your local NSG probably has never heard of it, nor knows how to deal with it.  yes it would just be an identifiable cause of IIH, so same symptoms.  reducing the styloid can CURE IIH in this scenario.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Styloidogenic jugular venous compression syndrome   Styloidogenic jugular venous compression syndrome I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: General Information ::   :: IIH Diagnostic Tests Information-
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
Free forum | Sciences and Knowledge | Health | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com