HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Yes
Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH? I_vote_lcap7%Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH? I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
No
Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH? I_vote_lcap40%Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH? I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 12 ]
Never
Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH? I_vote_lcap7%Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH? I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
That's a ridiculous question
 7% [ 2 ]
I tolerate the symptoms but I always know they're there
Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH? I_vote_lcap39%Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH? I_vote_rcap
 39% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH? Empty
PostSubject: Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH?   Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 4:08 pm

Do you ever get used to the headaches, whooshing, and other IIH symptoms? Do you feel like you've had them so long you don't notice them?
This poll is in response to something that was said to me the other week, to which I had to say left me speechless and bewildered, as I personally don't think you ever get used to them or stop noticing them. I would be very interested to know your views and answers to these questions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH?   Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 2:58 am

I suppose you get use to them, or at least I did before the shunt. You kinda know they are there, the headaches, the ears whooshing and ringing, the blurred vision, but I kinda switched off or at least tried to until I had to sleep. My tolerance levels changed so much. I was going for an LP months ago, I was feeling ill, an off day so to speak, all the usual symptoms and the doctor asked my how I was feeling. I sat there and though about it, and then answered with, I honestly don't know... I feel kinda crappy everyday, she said you look okay. My pressure was 36 on this occassion. I just learned to live with it..
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH?   Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 5:06 pm

I think that's true..I don't notice most of my symptoms anymore unless someone brings it to my attention. I constantly have a headache, ear pain, spinal pain, numbness, vision problems, clumsiness, etc..it's really just a part of me now. Of course I have good and bad days..sometimes IIH will just NOT be ignored, but I think it's unfortunately just become a part of me. I don't know how to explain it and think we may actually be saying the same thing, just a different context..the symptoms are there and awful so we never "forget", but at some point we all learn to push through them in order to survive a day or moment in time. Great question Heidi!!!
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH?   Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 12:13 am

I definitely agree.  I get so that this is now my "normal".  Went to the docs today, he asked how I was feeling, and I really had to stop and think if there was anything different about my symptoms.  So, no, nothing new, same symptoms, some days better than others but they are always there, sometimes overpowering, often I can "live" with it.  In fact we discussed it today, just how much more we were going to try to do before we just give in and say "this is how it's going to be."  Not so sure I like that alternative, but I'm getting tired of fighting, my symptoms that is :roll:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH?   Do you ever get used to the symptoms of IIH? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top