HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Can't stop crying

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sammyjo
sammyjo

Can't stop crying  Empty
PostSubject: Can't stop crying    Can't stop crying  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:28 pm

YES the docs have given me morpheen and lorazepam and other pain killers even a tep hearing aid. this all made me feel human for a week but now i feel like poo again its getting me so depressed i cant belive that with all theses med i still feel like poo i have had this for 10 yrs and always stayed quite posative and tried to smile but now i feel like i am in dark black lonly place Can't stop crying  657602
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Can't stop crying  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't stop crying    Can't stop crying  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:51 pm

Sammy I know how you feel, and it's hardly surprising that you would feel like this under the circumstances. It's a big adjustment and a hard one that will take time. It has been most of your young life so far, that you have to deal with this. Most people from the ages 14 to 24 are out with their friends, and enjoying being young. You've had to deal with so much more, and you wouldn't be human if it hadn't taken its toll.

Just deal with one day at a time, and don't put lots of pressure and high expectations on yourself on a daily basis. If you continue to feel depressed, speak to your doctor again about the Lorazepam, because one of it's side effects is depression and it could be that it's not suitable for you, and could need changing.

Heidi for you
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Liz81
Liz81

Can't stop crying  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't stop crying    Can't stop crying  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Hey, started following on twitter and not really got the hang of it to be honest so not sure how to see previous messages but found myself at this one as saw that Sammy is having a crappy time at the moment. Wondered if you are by any chance on a drug called Topirimate? They've increased my dose and it's making me REALLY emotional and I never used to be a crying type and it's really messing with my head! I've also had it for 10 years so maybe it's just a 10 year miserable blip?! Grimmo anyway, hope you have some mates there for you
Back to top Go down
sammyjo
sammyjo

Can't stop crying  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't stop crying    Can't stop crying  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 9:03 pm

yes i am topimate 75mg twise a day. yeah maybe instead of 7 year ich its the 10 year downer lol x that made me smile,
hidi they have upped my Lorazepam to the max of 2mg a night because i am not sleeppping but i think your right i should tell doc about the blues x
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

Can't stop crying  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't stop crying    Can't stop crying  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Sammy, I'm so sorry! I feel like I say that a lot around here, but I truly mean it. I completely understand and have fallen into a bit of a hole myself lately. I can usually manage my IIH, but when something starts to go wrong it's tough.

It could be many different things. Chronic pain is debilitating and contributes to depression in a lot of cases. If you've had recent med changes, they can also affect your mood. Your body could have adjusted to current meds and your pressure could be up. It's really hard to tell, so try to track it with a symptom log and keep your doctors informed.

The good news is it's temporary and they do have a long term plan. Heidi's right..it's easier if you take it one day (sometimes a minute or hour) at a time. We're all pulling for you!!!

Can't stop crying  539880
Julie
Back to top Go down
Liz81
Liz81

Can't stop crying  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't stop crying    Can't stop crying  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 10:44 pm

I'm on 75mg 2x a day at the mo as well but going to 100 at night tomorrow, getting more miserabl e as it increases though, really think this one can make u down and they did warn me it might so do keep an eye on it and don't bottle it up, talk to a close friend or message me if u want. It's so tough when u just can't explain just general rubbish ness!! Completely get it though xx
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

Can't stop crying  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't stop crying    Can't stop crying  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 am

Dear Sammy;
it does sound like it is the recent med change that is making things worse somehow. maybe they should give you something more specific for sleep like Ambien or Sonata? instead of the Lorazepam. that might be too strong for you. and morphine might be also; maybe see if you can back off on it, talk to your doc about it.
and please try not to cry. that will just make your pressure go up.
:( hang in there sweetie,
Deb
Back to top Go down
sammyjo
sammyjo

Can't stop crying  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't stop crying    Can't stop crying  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:12 am

liz81 it sounds like you and i have a lot in common

DEB i my body became amune to tramadol and cocodamol so thats why the morpheen

thank you u gus really dont feel quite so alone x x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Can't stop crying  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't stop crying    Can't stop crying  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can't stop crying

View previous topic View next topic Back to top