HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

"You'd be more of a liability than an asset"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
acerousme
acerousme

"You'd be more of a liability than an asset" Empty
PostSubject: "You'd be more of a liability than an asset"   "You'd be more of a liability than an asset" I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:14 pm

So I've gone to several interviews, and they ALL ended in "you'd be more of a liability than an asset".

People say "don't let your disease run your life" but its sorta hard when you have to be careful. My triggers are sunlight, high heat, massive amounts of stress, smells, and sounds. So I was trying to suck it up. I went to some tea places, a book store, a pet store (ha...had the chemical smells beat there), a sex shop (its always quiet in there..I could totally sell condoms) and a cosmetics store.

NOT ONE thought I would be an asset. Even though I have management training, and great social skills. This is stupid! I don't qualify for social assistance because my boyfriend works full time, but I cant get a job because of my disease. my boyfriend cannot pay for everything!! 695 for rent, 250 for bills (not including cell phones), about 500 for groceries (and thats not a lot of grocieries. The cost of living here is more expensive than what one can make on a reasonable wage (he makes 16 an hour, and works every day, except sundays)

How is this fair?! I feel so bad because hes supporting me, in all ways...and I cant find a job.

Help I dont know what else to do...I don't want to be a prostitute! But then at least I could be my own boss and be an asset to myself. I know that sounds bad, and I'd never do it but seriously...COME ON CANADA...GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER!

:(:( I need a hug
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: "You'd be more of a liability than an asset"   "You'd be more of a liability than an asset" I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 3:03 am

Oh Jenn, I feel for you. I am sending you a big hug (even though my phone won't let me).
I am flabbergasted that Canada counts what your significant other earns against you. How unfair.
My ex's wife has severe carpal tunnel. She applied and got a job and then on her first day told them she has special needs. They got her a voice activated computer program, etc.
Does that give you any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

PostSubject: Re: "You'd be more of a liability than an asset"   "You'd be more of a liability than an asset" I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:53 am

maybe you need to move to the US. jeez, never thought I would say that.
it would be warmer....Very Happy
Back to top Go down
acerousme
acerousme

PostSubject: Re: "You'd be more of a liability than an asset"   "You'd be more of a liability than an asset" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:03 am

All of the jobs I am qualified for won't hire me because of the days I would have to miss for appointments and such. How fair is that?? They won't even give me a chance!!

LOL, ..I was thinking about moving to the states. Somewhere warm. Buying a cottage, and just...hiding out.lol

Its so frustrating!! I told my doctor about it today, and she even said that its complete bull**** what I am being put through, and that it shouldnt matter if my man makes money or has a full time job. grrrrr I hate this :/

But...Im registering for school anyways. no job? whatever...I need to do something. I feel like this is my only option
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "You'd be more of a liability than an asset"   "You'd be more of a liability than an asset" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"You'd be more of a liability than an asset"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: Living with IIH ::   :: Group Huddle-
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com